注册
搜索
查看: 3241|回复: 24

[翻译] 国外一朋友关于Vengeance的文章

关闭 [复制链接]

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-6-24 22:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
作者: Buck Woodward  时间:7:00:00 PM 6/23/2006  来源:www.pwinsider.com
0 E4 S, E8 `, Z% Q1 o6 l这个星期天就是WWE Vengeance了,由于很多方面的因素,它已经顺利发展成自Wrestlemania之后WWE最重要的一次秀,原因有以下几点。
4 m: o  `' g# B; Q9 ]) d% w8 g7 O1 C+ x( ^
首先要说得是,在WWE单个品牌举办的赛事里面,这是第一次在大多数有线电视和卫视系统里售价达到了39.95美元的PPV。现在的WWE总能从双品牌合作的赛事里侥幸混得更多的收入,因为Raw和SD里“最优秀”的人才都特别安排了进去,也因为这些赛事拥有着具有历史性重要意义的名称[Summerslam, Survivor Series,Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania]。尽管如此,WWE现在希望每个3小时长的PPV秀都能从fans们口袋里掏出40美元来。这对观众来说可是个相当高的要求,尤其是在他们每周都要在有线电视和广播电视上买(疑问,是买不,get,若不是又怎么解释?原话especiallywhen they already get five hours (including ECW) of WWE product on cable and broadcast TV every week)五个小时(包括ECW)的WWE产品的前提下。我看到了很多fans们在那里“精挑细选”着他们想订购的产品,这就意味着WWE必须更努力安排有趣的对决阵容来。我怀疑一个摔迷会被诱惑到在一场秀里drop two Jacksons(对不起Jackson不知道意思),当他们仅仅知道3场比赛( I doubt a fan will be enticed to to drop two Jacksons on a show when they only know three matches the week of the event.)。同样,WWE在夏初提升了它的销售价格,但是作为WWE收视主要依靠的年轻男性群体,对自己的“可支配收入”有太多其它的选择,像音乐会,电影,游乐园等等地方都和WWE一样张开大口期待着娱乐型美钞的进帐。7 Z* I9 l+ v; ]( W7 v
8 }/ \: W& B! e: ?
那就是说,WWE没有意识到这种情况,而且没有着手为这个PPV合并安排一个更精彩的对决阵容。8场比赛都多少有剧情参杂其中,所有RAW的大牌明星,甚至Eugene对Umaga都会有演出。看看WWE官方网站WWE.com的RAW方面的人员名单(别管像Hogan,Rock,Austin这些荒谬的所谓“成员”),这次秀里没有做出宣传的现在在役的最大牌的明星们有Mickie James, Viscera和Charlie Haas.(奇怪,作者认为Charlie Haas也算biggest的明星?)我不想显得残忍,但怀疑若可能的话,这些选手也会安排进去的。所以深邃的洞察一下,对RAW单独举办的PPV赛事来说,这是最好不过的形势了。  z# O/ f  J/ m, M' P% A% f

0 F: C2 C; m  V; Q8 i1 x# x观赏Vengeance唯一的不足就是,它的一些比赛没有铺垫的剧情,故事。Ric Flair和Mick Foley的对决应该是2个月的前奏后的高潮结局,而不应该是2个星期。Kane从一个face变成了一个抓眼怪的heel,现在又突然间变回了face,面对的是来自他童年的影子似的另一个自己(这样的剧情WWE已经写过数回了),这可不是短时间里可以完美解决的一个问题,因为只要WWE在日程上继续添加PPV赛事的话,剧情就必然会纠缠不清,混杂重复。这也不代表所有剧情都不够引人入胜,像John Cena对Sabu和ECW,两方冲突的剧情就完成的很不错;至于很难成为WWE比赛焦点的洲际IC冠军方面,在最近的几周里也一直有紧密的剧情。去想假设WWE能否给他们自己多一点点时间花在某些剧情和人物的创造上这类问题只会徒增烦恼。
! N& G6 Q5 P: X3 s+ q$ k* k% H; _" T4 l7 d. H0 ]. E1 l, F
其实我还是很期待这场秀的,也许很长时间以来没有这么期待过一个品牌单独举办的赛事了。当然也有几场比赛对我来说是可有可无的(Kane vs. Kane, Umaga vs. Eugene),但是这场秀也有更多可能成为好比赛的对决(Sabu-Cena, Edge-RVD, Angle-Orton, Foley-Flair, IC Title),起码DX和Spirit Squad的比赛至少可以制造些笑料的。至少它的初衷是好的,其实这样能使PPV比赛有所改变。
1 S8 b# A2 C; Z7 B9 X9 _$ |, p2 ^& ?) k, t
[ 本帖最后由 xiazun 于 2006-6-25 09:55 编辑 ]

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-6-24 22:45 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢翻译~~

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-6-24 22:46 | 显示全部楼层
原文如下,望高手告诉我翻译不出或不好的地方QUICK TAKES ON WWE VENGEANCE, ONE OF THE BEST MATCHES OF THE YEAR AND THE 'UNDEFEATED' SAMOA JOE
: q0 b: s  x; {by Buck Woodward @ 7:00:00 PM on 6/23/20068 K$ X6 P5 [: F& _
WWE Vengeance is this Sunday, and in a lot of ways, this is shaping up to be WWE's most important show since Wrestlemania, for a number of reasons.  9 L) k( [, Y7 N: R
For starters, this is WWE's first single-brand event to feature a $39.95 price tag on most cable and satellite systems.  Now, WWE has always gotten away with charging more for the dual brand events, since they feature "the best" talent from Raw and Smackdown, and also because they have the historically significant names (Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania).  However, WWE is now looking for fans to give them $40 for every three hour PPV now.  That's a rather large request to make of your audience, especially when they already get five hours (including ECW) of WWE product on cable and broadcast TV every week. I could see a lot of fans "picking and choosing" which shows they order now, which means it is up to WWE to put more effort into creating interesting lineups.  I doubt a fan will be enticed to to drop two Jacksons on a show when they only know three matches the week of the event. Also, WWE is bringing on this price increase at the onset of summer, when the young male demographic that WWE relies on has a lot more options for their "disposable income".  Concerts, movies, amusement parks, etc. are all looking for that same entertainment dollar that WWE craves.
1 `3 f4 Q+ w: U! J$ x8 qThat said, WWE is not oblivious to the situation, and has gone about putting together a more than solid lineup for this Pay-per-view.  Every bout on the eight match card has some sort of storyline behind it, even Eugene vs. Umaga and all of the top Raw stars (and a couple of ECW stars) are on the show. Looking at the Raw roster page on WWE.com (and not counting the ridiculous entries like Hogan, Rock and Austin), the biggest active stars not advertised for this show are Mickie James, Viscera and Charlie Haas. And not to be cruel, but I doubt they would bring in that many more buys if they were. So, from a talent perspective, it isn't going to get better than this when it comes to a Raw brand PPV event.  ; I9 z* u: ?3 X7 x
The only negative when it comes to looking at Vengeance on paper is the backstory behind some of the matches.  Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley should be the culmination of two months of promos, not two weeks.  Kane has gone from babyface to eye-grabbing heel, and now suddenly is a face again and going head-on with some imposter from his childhood (which WWE has rewritten a dozen times now).  This is a problem that isn't going to go away anytime soon, as WWE will continue to scramble with storylines as they add more and more PPV events to the calendar. That's not to say some have not been intriguing, as John Cena vs. Sabu & ECW has been very well done, and the Intercontinental Title situation, while hardly a high WWE priority, has been a solid storyline over the past several weeks. Still, it is annoying to think what could be done if WWE just gave themselves a little more time with some of these stories and characters.
1 c8 n! m; s: }/ X$ H& FI'm actually looking forward to this show, probably more than any other single-brand event in a long time.  Sure, there are a few matches I could do without (Kane vs. Kane, Umaga vs. Eugene), but there is a lot of potential for some good bouts on the show (Sabu-Cena, Edge-RVD, Angle-Orton, Foley-Flair, IC Title) and I figure DX vs. Spirit Squad should at least be good for a couple of laughs.  It's nice to actually not be dreading doing coverage of a PPV event for a change.
君麻吕大人 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-6-24 22:49 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
  • TA的每日心情
    开心
    2013-2-24 21:30
  • 签到天数: 1 天

[LV.1]初来乍到

发表于 2006-6-24 22:51 | 显示全部楼层
    字体改下吧 * y/ Q  F5 {" c& e
    # ?0 D( _3 W' `3 Q# {0 @, f
    这样很多人看不惯的
    / @% ~+ q! n* c( R- L' n& n
    ! `  f6 _9 b+ C- U" z. s1 |还是默认的好哦

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-6-24 22:58 | 显示全部楼层
    谢谢翻译!~: R8 _/ {! I0 r' H+ H% J

7 |, i% X* t9 t. H' a( ^6 I期待Vengeance~
  • TA的每日心情
    难过
    2013-3-16 14:53
  • 签到天数: 1 天

[LV.1]初来乍到

发表于 2006-6-24 23:15 | 显示全部楼层
    還是很期待這一次的PPV!

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-6-24 23:17 | 显示全部楼层
    谢谢!!!
  • TA的每日心情
    无聊
    2021-4-30 22:34
  • 签到天数: 499 天

[LV.9]以坛为家II

发表于 2006-6-25 00:26 | 显示全部楼层
    谢谢翻译,辛苦了!! r* r# n4 ?4 N3 C

& G4 f8 U& p9 t4 M2 X1 E附上小弟补充的翻译:
      r! G# F6 ^- K+ Y  K& S( J5 o
    & g. j3 p5 `3 W+ o. @0 |9 oeye-grabbing
    4 J; Y* c( y' a5 b0 J
    , g0 b: c. I# A  w  T* ]7 z/ @1 g根据英文组合单词的意思可以翻译为抓眼怪, g  k- d: U0 z) t
    4 R8 p# p8 y2 G4 e; {
    实际上作者在这暗指了KANE的电影see no evil,因为他在里面扮演了一个取人眼睛的怪物。
    1 `9 V2 d3 j( R; W* C/ ~2 o* f' s
    最后一句: It's nice to actually not be dreading doing coverage of a PPV event for a change.
    7 |, d: S% }, d* H  s3 o% R- l- T( V7 W
    翻译:至少它的初衷是好的,其实这样能使PPV比赛有所改变。
  • TA的每日心情
    无聊
    2017-2-24 15:12
  • 签到天数: 12 天

[LV.3]偶尔看看II

发表于 2006-6-25 00:31 | 显示全部楼层
    谢谢翻译!!!  C8 [4 W/ A0 ?9 S* F8 c
    翻译是真辛苦~~
  • TA的每日心情
    开心
    2018-4-12 16:08
  • 签到天数: 4 天

[LV.2]偶尔看看I

发表于 2006-6-25 00:57 | 显示全部楼层
    谢谢您的翻译!!!!期待 比赛了

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-6-25 01:05 | 显示全部楼层
    相比国外的摔迷们要花钱收看,我们已经幸福太多了.
    6 \% D- e& o' j$ ^' h. E7 I; D1 O/ r4 e, ?7 d* y1 {
    原文作者对Ric Flair和Mick Foley比赛的看法和我一样,剧情实在是太少了,安排得莫名其妙.

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-6-25 01:06 | 显示全部楼层

_

期待DX对SS和KANE对KANE这两场。
  • TA的每日心情

2024-4-14 23:14
  • 签到天数: 2651 天

[LV.Master]伴坛终老

发表于 2006-6-25 10:25 | 显示全部楼层

谢谢文章

支持PPV

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-6-25 11:43 | 显示全部楼层
    现在的WWE已经不行了
    您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|招贤纳士|摔迷之家

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 15:30 , Processed in 0.110518 second(s), 19 queries .