找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 2874|回复: 37

【文章】Shawn Michaels 自传英文版 ----------3月2日更新

关闭 [复制链接]

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-2-28 23:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
中文版请关注http://19977.com/viewthread.php?tid=7553&extra=page%3D1* S" i$ [4 e# z; H0 H# ?1 y
我已经争得中文版翻译者的同意,本人不会进行任何翻译工作。+ R: B5 g8 x0 I2 Z
全部由我手打完成,难免会有错误的地方,我在发布之前已经校正过一次,如果有误,望诸位大虾指出。2 O3 m! O& l0 }: u. x# u
网上版权归19977所有,禁止转载,谢谢。9 q  U, ~& ?0 K# t+ p( a1 J
) C4 w0 a/ M% H0 z6 }  L9 s

: B( c3 ?( B$ J$ X, s  To Jesus Christ, the lord of my life.
7 k3 Z4 b* n; h- X+ ]1 z1 \  Thank you, my king, for loving me and saving me.! q6 y/ h2 b9 k: m" _" x6 W
  All that I am, and all that I hope to become, is meaningless apart from you.
7 ?4 S* v+ @% \! e, E  To Rebecca, My Proverbs 31 virtuous wife.; u5 T' p5 ]. a- s) l0 X1 s
  No on person has impacted my life more than you, my love. God chose you for me before he laid the foundations of the earth. I've loved you from the moment I first laid eyes on you. I promise to lead, provide, and protect you all the days of my life.
/ X+ l5 L" c& |  _, ~" ]4 V  I am honored to be your"Tender Warrior."  H: `6 s3 `2 h2 q8 S1 o
  And to Cameron. The moment i held you, my life was forever changed.
. U0 _4 _  d" x: R: r' K  The innocence of your words have done more than anyone's to inspire me to become a aman of Godly character. I've known no greater joy than the day I became your father.
3 P2 {* O: B5 Z+ Z. B, u, N  And to Cheyenne, my "sugar Britches"
0 s7 K$ x* q' ?; \, {# H, @- V: ^  "It's a girl!" My eyes filled with tears and my heart was stolen forever. You now lead Daddy around by the flinger---a sign of things to come, I'm told. As you grow to find the Lord's plan and purpose for your life, know in your heart that all you will ever have to do is reach up and Daddy's hand will be there.6 Q( u9 u% a( G  Q5 P
  To the three of you, my family. You are my life.
$ ~9 L' ?0 f' ]9 R  You are my reason for being: all I have, all I have ever hoped to have, all I have ever wanted, and all I will ever need. To have you is to have everything.
' f$ O- U6 |1 U: n5 e, A  The words"I love you" will never truly describe your worth to me., s0 d- C* \- p
  Thank you for loving me as I am, and thank you for making me whole.& r: G$ g& A+ B" w! J2 \8 ]- `* R
  I once was lost, but now I'm found,
  ~* F. D2 ~: c# |/ e  Was blind but now....now I see....
5 a% F* v( w! Y3 K5 ^2 V; o0 J8 F/ b! X5 s# d4 l
[ 本帖最后由 杀气骤升 于 2006-3-2 12:06 编辑 ]

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-2-28 23:32 | 显示全部楼层
因为本人不是专业打字员,而且还有学业要完成,所以我能保证的是至少3天更新一次(一章)。. p7 N5 C0 ^- ]) n/ L" `$ E
星期六日会争取更新2章。
$ m% e: J+ k) ~' M1 \对于比较长的章节会分段落给出。谢谢
1 s) |' q9 f' `# }' L1 Y7 G( i6 @0 y, i% {1 Q% d0 G( P+ l$ l
Prologue5 A& o1 g- U8 P, X

* f- y/ k/ R# b; d7 ?3 ~November 9, 199774 h* R1 Z* h5 ]7 i. n! H
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
; L% s8 i5 f9 X+ r( R' W- o- x1 r; o! ^% ^; ?8 S1 f$ w" G
  The day you win the World Wrestling Federation Championship should be among the happiest days of your life. It's a reward for all the hard work you've put into your job and revognition that you are one of if not the best at what you do.
% j7 F7 i7 o; a: g+ V  A little over a year and a half ago, I won it for the first time. After all the public celebrating was done, I had a few moments alone in my hotel room. I sat on my bed and stared at the championship belt. I had never felt so good in all my life./ w. ^5 Z/ x0 I2 M, A2 E
  Ten months later, I won my second championship. This time I did it in front of more than sixty thousand people in my hometown of San Antonio, Texas. When I started out in this business, I dreamed that someday I would come home and have people recognize me when I walked through the local mall. It's safe to say that this had more than fulfilled that dream.
* R) [$ o+ z6 m' l/ ^! K  Tonight, I was going to win the championship for a third time. Only this time, I knew there would be no celebrating, no happy or peaceful moments, and no drea,s fulfilled. There might be some angry word, a fight, or maybe even a riot might break out. Whatever was going to happen, I knew it wasn't going to be good.
9 R$ Q; B/ Z, T0 E  Something big was about to go down in Montreal, and I was going to be at the center of it. Vince Mcmahon wanted Bret Hart to drop the World Wrestling Federation Championship to me. Bret, a native of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, didn't want to. Bret hart believed he was a hero in his country and that if he lost in wrestling match in Canada, the country's collective psyche might shatter----I am being totally serious here. He also didn't like me, or more accurately, he hated me. I didn't care for him either.
+ s3 Z" T+ [9 F! D4 p7 @/ f  Normally, these issues would not have caused any trouble. Vince was the boss, and whatever he said happened. Vicen had a problem though. Bret wa leaving to wrestle for our archrival, World Championship Wrestling(WCW), and had a creative control clause in his contract that basically allowed him to do what he wanted in his last thirty days. If Bret didn't want to lose the title, Bret wasn't going to lose the title---or so he thought.; I- E1 Y+ b# C( T7 z1 R
  The night before, Vince, my self, my friend and fellow Superstar, Triple H(Paul Levesque), and Jerry Brisco---one of Vince's close associates---met to confirm that we were going to swerve Bret out of the championship. He had left us no choice.' ^8 R; y* O/ S$ q
  There is a time-honored tradition in this business that when you leave one wrestling company to go to another, you "do the favor"--lose---on the way out. It's sign of respect and gratitude for those who have put you on top in the first place. Bret was leaving, but he was refusing to lose. For all we knew, he might take our championship belt down to WCW and make a mockery of it and us. We couldn't afford to take the chance.$ U. ^5 f9 p0 v6 @: p( P
  It may not seem like much to an outsider, but in the wrestling world, what we were going to do was the equivalent of a mafia hit. And I was going to be Jack Ruby. It may have been Vince's decision to swerve Bret out of the title, but I was going to be the on pulling the trigger. I had to figure out how it was going to happen, and I was going to be the one in the ring that everyone would see do it. Vince was going to try to do everything he could to put the focus and responsibility for the swerve on himself, but both he and I knew that I would catch most of the hear.
$ O/ |4 J8 N& S, B0 H" U# s; R7 P  I already had an awful reputation within the industry because guys had been spreading rumors and lies about me for years. There was, and is ,a wrestling subculture that lives off of gossip. They print newsletters---dirt sheet, as they are commonly referred to---post stories on Internet sites, and record telephone hotlines. I was not very popular in this subculture and had been targeted by them for years.
: }/ V2 n2 ^7 d- |% J' j4 S5 }  Soon after I began to be villified in this world, I made the decision that I wasn't going to respond to the lies and half-truths. I wasn't going to play my detractor's game of "he said, he said." I'd been brought up to believe that if you had a problem with someone, you tole them to their face, and that's what I did. Thsi didn't win me many friends, but I had realized long ago that friends were a rare commodity in this business.
/ \% b9 g' q/ D# u( j4 f' |' ^  I knew most of my peers, and the small percentage of fans, who read the gossip were never going to like me. I didn't care. My philosophy was, " you may not like me, but I am going to be so good at what I do, you are going to have to respect me." So I poured everything I had into my craft and rose to the top of my profession.# k8 Q) L( w5 K5 S1 b4 U8 J
  I succeeded because I could wrestle. No one ever had any plans to go with Shawn Michaels. I was a small guy with a hateable gimmick. Ric Flair was cool. Hulk Hogan made you feel good. Steve Austin gave you the chance to be a rebel. Me, The Boy Toy? The Heartbreak Kid? What redeemable qualities did I have? who really wanted to be me?
5 Z# e2 a0 \0 Q$ b9 w  When I was just beginning my rise through the ranks, Tull Blanchard told me that the key to making it in this business is simple: you make them yell the loudest for the logest. And that's what I tried to do every time I stepped into the ring. It didn't matter if I was wrestling a champion or some no-namejobber--a wrestler hired to lose. I gave it everything I could.
9 y3 M& e2 v9 m, @) C' A' R  Through my work, I ended up earning the respect of my peers. They may have been sayinh bad things about me behind my back, but they wanted to wrestle me. They knew I would bring out their best. I didn't care about doing something in the ring that would make me look"week" I figured if I had a great match, I would get over anyway.! y" J, O$ S1 {7 q$ l0 i
  The fans could tell how much effort I was putting into my craft, and they rallied behind me. I became their darling, the one they wanted to see at the top. When I beat bret heart for my first World Wrestling Federation Championship at WrestleMania XII, they celebrated with me.
! ?7 Y  z. L* U8 H( n1 x2 W& c: [* ]0 a  Soon, however, things changed. My world came crashing down. Everyone and everything seemed to turn against me. The gossip and the lies increased. I tried to block them out, but I couldn't. The world was changing too. I was a white-meat babyface, the kind of good guy that was popular in the seventies and eighties but was fast becoming hated in the rebellious nineties. Despite my successes in the ring, many fans turned against me.7 q* P+ d4 N5 v
  I was devastated and responded by lashing out at just about everyone. I pushed buttons and became a real lightning rod. If someone started spreading rumors that I was refusing to put people over, I'd walk into the locker room and start shouting, "I'm not doing any jobs!" When I was hurt, it was ofthen reported that I was faking the injury. So when I'd come back from my injury, I'd do something in the ring that no one else in my condition could possibly have done.
3 c# k3 U. l8 q/ S7 L  t$ I  I'll be the first to admit that I was no saint, before, and after, my first title run. I could be obnoxious, cocky, and rude, but I never did anything malicious. I never spread rumors about other people. And, I always owned up to my shortcomings. If I did something wrong, I accepted the punishment I received. If I was punished for something I didn't do, well, that was a whole different matter, as you shall see. You could call me a lot of things, but you couldn;t say I was a hypocrite. Most of the people who were spreading untruths about we were.9 L* ]: u$ V" r1 t& B
  Business also fell off during this time. WCW was putting the clamps on WWE, and quite honestly, they were more with the times during this period. As the champion and the face of the company, the blame fell on my shoulders. I responded by doing the only thing I could do. I worked my tall off and put on great match after great match. It didn't matter though. Our product was not connecting as well as WCW's.
- x, M, K: o! e+ R$ A( m  The downturn in business fed my detractors' seemingly insatiable desire to destroy me. Unfortunately, I let them get to me and lashed out even more. I'd yell at Vince and his right-hand man, Pat Patterson, who had always been so good to me. It was a horrible cycle that was destroying me inside.& g# y( ?9 C$ a7 C0 _
  As if all this wasn't enough, a whole series of crazy things started happening. The power would go out at a Pay-Per-View, a doctor would tell me that my knee was so badly damaged that I could never wrestle again, and then of course, there was Montreal. I tried to escape it all by taking vast quantitles of painkillers. They could mask the pain for a short time, but in the long run, they nearly ended my life.7 Z  g: h! F5 `9 ^, I
  Two years after I first became champion I was completely broken---emotionally, Spiritually, and Physically. Randy Savage had once told me to slow down in the ring because he thought I'd never last. "I'm Superman," I told him."I can do anything."$ g* m+ x" x" l) {
  I wasn't Superman anymore. I was a thirty-two-year-old man with a back so messed up that I couldn't get out of bed in the morning without taking pain pills. All I ever wanted to do, all I knew how to do was wrestle. And now, I couldn't.
% d4 U0 ~! G( B4 n6 m1 S  I retired from the ring, went home, and wallowed in my misery. I was angry, confused, and wracked with guilt. So many bad things had been said and written about me that I wasn't sure who I was anymore. I was raised in a decent family, and I always thought I was a decent guy. I wasn't sure of that anymore. Part of this feeling came from taking too many pills. Was I a bad guy because I was taking drugs? Or, was I taking drugs because I was a bad guy?7 e' I& _$ I( t3 F# S9 V
  One thing I did know was that I was not a quitter. I never had been. Sometimes my never-say-die attitude led me into trouble, but I was never one to say, "I give up." I wanted to be a better person. I wanted to kick the pills.% j4 R, P& a! f
  Eventually, the darkness subsided. I met the woman of my dreams, my wife Rebecca. We had our first child, our son Cameron. To the outside world, I had everything: a loving, gorgeous wife, a beautiful son, and a lot of moneyin the bank. But there was still something missing.
# v" O5 ^) t! J- v# S7 `  I had never been a very spiritual person, but I began to feel that the Lord was calling out to me. I began calling out to him. He opened my heart and I became born again. I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal lord and savior and I began living a spiritual life.
0 @! M" H8 Y, J1 B# g! P  There was now an unspeakable joy in my life, and I became the man I should have always been. Thanks to the good work of doctors and the healing power of the Lord, my back healed. I thought about wrestling again, and four and a half years after I was forced to give up what I love doing more than any thing else, I returned to the ring.
$ U' |. M3 @: T# g/ a, J  When I came back, I apologized to Vince and Pat and everyone else who I had wronged or made life difficult for. The old-timers who were still there saw I was a different person. The young guys had probably read about me and weren't quite sure what to make of me at first. It wasn't long, though, before they saw That I was much different from what they had heard about me in the past. From the moment I came back, work has been nothing but fun.$ O0 \: g, d  ?
  The fans too have seen that I am a better person. They have been nothing short of wonderful. They have been cheering me nonstop for the past three plus years despite the fact that my gimmick is more hateable than ever. I repay them the best way I know how. Every night I go out, I try my best to make them yell the loudest for the longest.0 ~$ c. ]$ q9 n8 y0 D
                                                                              I I I
7 J+ {9 N, U2 _6 p) o  I suppose history will ultimately judge my place in this business, and I'm sure nearly every time my name is mentioned, Bret Hart, Montreal, and the match that changed the course of this industry will come up. (And I'll get back to Montreal, I promise.) But there is a lot more to my life and career than my relationship with him and that day in 1997.
: }  d  H3 u1 `& B! I  You've never heard my side of the story, but now here it is. It has Klips and Curtain Calls, vacated titles and unwarranted suspensions. I'm going to tell you about tearing down houses and tearing up hotel rooms. You'll read about Vince McMahon, Marty Jannetty, Kevin Nash, and a whole lot of people you may not have known who have helped me along the way. I'll take you inside a Ladder match, a Hell in a Cell, and a Bloodbath in Vegas. I've even tossed in a little rock'n' roll and Graceland. You'll also learn about my family and friends, and how cultivating a personal relationship with Jesus Christ changed my life.) }8 n: G& q4 F
  Trust me, it's been one crazy ride. Then again, what else should I have expected? I wasn't supposed to be here in the first place. And right after I was born, my mother didn't even want to see me.
) I  q0 i6 K6 \% U3 _5 y) [* `: e) Y) w" y, h% z; W
[ 本帖最后由 杀气骤升 于 2006-3-2 12:05 编辑 ]

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-3-1 00:21 | 显示全部楼层
再占个位

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-3-2 18:27 | 显示全部楼层
不如直接SCAN上来更方便了

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-3-3 03:52 | 显示全部楼层
回D大~因为网络上有一个不成文的规定,转贴得含义为复制粘粘,必须争得原作的同意。如果是手打得话,只要原作不反对即可。因为我知道HBK根本就不知道(^_^,他肯定不知道),所以才用手打滴~~& Y. K6 r0 a5 h/ {8 r$ ~+ h
" L7 E8 c4 l6 n: L
为了尊重中文原版,所以我不会进行翻译工作,这点在1楼就写清楚了,还望大家见谅。因此此版作为资料给出,共有一定英语能力的朋友使用。
( P7 J2 e3 s( T" M' p( g其实大家仔细看得话这个英文版也不是很难的,HBK在写作的时候本没有特意的使用生涩难懂的词语。$ x2 A3 j$ P$ R2 j
( b; D* m3 J2 f- t
[ 本帖最后由 杀气骤升 于 2006-3-2 12:08 编辑 ]

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-3-18 13:05 | 显示全部楼层
我就觉得的HBK是一位蛮有文化有修养的选手!对了,他好像戴眼镜的——是因为看书多的关系吗?呵呵~
  • TA的每日心情
    擦汗
    2016-4-26 17:26
  • 签到天数: 1 天

[LV.1]初来乍到

发表于 2006-3-29 19:26 | 显示全部楼层
    谢谢啊
  • TA的每日心情
    开心
    2016-10-9 14:44
  • 签到天数: 710 天

[LV.9]以坛为家II

发表于 2006-3-31 09:54 | 显示全部楼层
    有没有搞错啊!  大哥啊  我看不懂啊!

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-4-3 22:49 | 显示全部楼层
    我就觉得的HBK是一位蛮有文化有修养的选手!对了,他好像戴眼镜的——是因为看书多的关系吗?呵呵~
  • TA的每日心情
    郁闷
    2015-1-13 12:37
  • 签到天数: 3 天

[LV.2]偶尔看看I

发表于 2006-4-3 23:05 | 显示全部楼层
    大哥啊  我看不懂啊!
    wsbz520 该用户已被删除
    发表于 2006-4-7 07:02 | 显示全部楼层
    提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
    wsbz520 该用户已被删除
    发表于 2006-4-7 07:03 | 显示全部楼层
    wsbz520 该用户已被删除
    发表于 2006-4-7 07:03 | 显示全部楼层
    wsbz520 该用户已被删除
    发表于 2006-4-7 07:04 | 显示全部楼层
    wsbz520 该用户已被删除
    发表于 2006-4-7 07:05 | 显示全部楼层
    您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|招贤纳士|摔迷之家

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 09:09 , Processed in 0.087920 second(s), 19 queries .