jackjordan 发表于 2007-1-22 01:05

Monty Brown——杀出胜利之路

WRESTLING COLUMNS
Pouncing His Way To Victory
January 13, 2007 by Adam Dean
摔角专栏
杀出胜利之路
2007年1月13日 Adam Dean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editor’s Note: The author of this column can be contacted via the OWW Forums, where this submission was first posted. Feedback can be posted automatically by clicking here - but remember you must sign up for the forums to post feedback on a column. Thanks you!
编者按:
本专栏作者可以通过初次刊登下文的OWW论坛联系,可以自动地通过单击这里进行反馈,但是记得你必须登陆论坛来发表你对专栏的反馈,谢谢!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric Bischoff once said that the wrestling business has a saying: ?Never say never.? Over the last year, there has been proof of that saying; Rey Mysterio won the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 22, Rob Van Dam won the WWE title at One Night Stand 2006, the return of ECW, C.M. Punk gets pushed by WWE, and the move that shocked the wrestling world, Kurt Angle jumping ship to TNA. However, my goal here isn’t to talk about these events, my goal here is to talk about WWE’s new addition and why I feel this could be his break in the wrestling business. This article about that guy from the Serengeti. Yes that’s right; I’m talking about the ?Alpha Male? Monty Brown. Now if you think about it, Monty Brown is the first TNA home grown star to jump to the WWE.
Eric Bischoff 曾经说过在摔角界有一句名言:永远不要说永远。在过去的一年里,很多东西证明了这句名言:Rey Mysterio 在WrestleMania 22赢得了世界冠军腰带,Rob Van Dam在One Night Stand 2006赢得了WWE冠军,C.M. Punk被推向WWE,这个动作震动了摔角界,Kurt Angle跳槽到了TNA.然而,我这里的主题不是说这些事情,我这里的目标是谈论WWE的新情况和为什么我感觉这个新情况可以成为摔角界的突发事件。这个文章关于来自Serengeti的男人,是的,我在谈论第一男人曼迪*布朗。现在你可以知道,曼迪*布朗是第一个TNA培养的跳槽到WWE的明星。

As most wrestling fans know, the ?Alpha Male? Monty Brown attended Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan. He then went into American football, where he broke several defensive records. Monty turned professional when he signed with the Buffalo Bills, where he had played for three years. Within those three years, Monty Brown competed in the two Super Bowl (1993 and 1996). The ?Alpha Male? also played for the New England Patriots for a short period of time in 1996. Monty was forced to retire from pro football due to an injury.
就大多数摔角迷来说,“第一男人”曼迪布朗加入了密歇根州比格拉皮德菲利斯国立大学。然后他加入了美洲足球,在那里它打破了一些防守方面的纪录。曼迪自从加入了不乏落叶牛队后成为了专业球员,在那里他工作了3年。在这三年里,曼迪布朗参与了两次超级碗决赛(1993和1996年)。1996年“第一男人”也为新英格兰爱国者队工作了一小段时间。因为一次伤病曼迪不得不从专业足球运动宣布退役。

Monty Brown knew exactly what he wanted to do after his pro football career; to become a professional wrestler. In an interview in 2005, he said ?wrestling wasn?t something I had to get into, it was something I wanted to get into. When I was in college, no matter how busy I was with training or studying, I would make time to watch wrestling. Professional wrestling has always been a big part of my life since I was a little kid.? Brown truly had a passion to be in the business of professional wrestling.
曼迪布朗非常明白他在专业足球工作之后需要什么:成为一个职业摔角运动员。在2005年的一次专访中,他说:“摔角不是我不得不去做的,而是我想要去做的。当他在大学的时候,不管我训练和学习有多忙,我都要挤出时间来观看摔角。专业的摔角训练自我儿时起就成为了我生命中的一部分。”布朗真的有进入职业摔跤界的热情

The former NFL star trained under Dan Severn and the ?Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal, Death-Defying? Sabu. Monty Brown made his in-ring debut on the Michigan independent circuit in 2000, working for Big Time Wrestling, Universal Wrestling and the All World Wrestling League.
前NFL明星在Dan Severn和“自杀的,嗜杀的,绝杀的,蔑杀的” Sabu的训练下。曼迪布朗2000年在密歇根独立巡演中初次登场,为Big Time Wrestling, Universal Wrestling和All World Wrestling League摔角工作。

When Jerry Jarrett and Jeff Jarrett launched a NWA promotion (Total Nonstop Action, otherwise known as NWA: TNA.) in Nashville, Tennessee in the summer of 2002, they scouted the country for inexpensive talent to fill out their weekly pay per view shows. Luckily, Monty Brown was one of those cheap talents that got the call. He made his debut for TNA on July 3, 2002 in a match where he pinned Anthony Ingram in 92 seconds. As a result of his performance, image and personality which seemed to impress the Jarretts, they decided to sign the former NFL star on a permanent deal. However, Monty Brown did not make such a big impact in the wrestling business as he did in his pro football days.

当杰瑞加内特和杰夫加内特2002年夏在田纳西的纳什维尔发展了NWA,他们在整个国家范围内寻找廉价的天才来填满他们每周的付费演出。幸运的是,曼迪布朗是其中的一个接到召唤的廉价天才。他于2002年七月三日用时92秒压制安东尼英格拉姆的比赛中在TNA初次登场。比赛的结果,表面和个人能力似乎打动了加内特们,他们决定永久的签下这位前NFL明星。然而,曼迪布朗就像他以前的足球生涯一样,没有给摔角事业造成大的冲击。

Monty Brown returned to TNA debuting his new gimmick: a big cat like creature billed from the Serengeti, which earned the moniker ?The Alpha Male.? This went well with the fans and was the start he needed to his wrestling career. His popularity increased and in 2005, he signed a new one year deal with TNA, in which they promised him a run as NWA World Heavyweight Champion. This was just before TNA signed former WWE star Christian Cage, who became top contender for the NWA World title, leaving Monty frustrated. As Christian Cage continued his hunt for the NWA World Championship, the ?Alpha Male?s? stab at stardom hit rock bottom. Any wrestling fan who watched TNA at the time could see Monty wanted out.
曼迪布朗回到TNA展现了他的新形象:从Serengeti而来的奇怪形象,赢得了“第一男人”的绰号。摔角迷们反映良好并且需要他的摔角形象。2005年他更加流行,他与TNA多签了一年合约,代价是他们承诺让他获得一次NWA世界冠军。那时TNA刚刚签了前WWE明星Christian Cage,当时他成了NWA冠军的顶级争夺者,他令曼迪失败。随着基督徒之笼继续他的NWA冠军之路,第一男人赏给了他一个rock bottom.任何一个当时观看TNA的摔角迷都可以看到曼迪的失败

Monty Brown?s contract expired on September 30th 2006, and during an interview he said he felt TNA lied to him as they had promised him a run as NWA World Heavyweight Champion, but instead they give him nothing and gave his World title shot to former WWE star Christian Cage. That is why he didn?t re-sign with TNA. He also admitted in the interview he could sign with the WWE, which he admitted would fulfil his boyhood dream. Monty?s dream came true when he finally signed a contract the WWE in mid November 2006.

曼迪布朗合约终止于2006年9月30日,在采访中他说TNA欺骗了他因为他们承诺他将获得一次NWA世界冠军,但是事实上他们没有给他任何东西反而把NWA冠军给了前WWE明星Christian Cage。这就是为什么他不和TNA续约的原因。采访中他还承认他能与WWE签约,他承认这能满足他童年的梦想。2006年十一月中旬他与WWE签约使曼迪的梦成真。

Yes that?s right, Monty Brown has signed with WWE. I feel this is a massive signing for them. Monty Brown could have been huge for TNA, but I felt they dropped the ball a long time ago; they could have built the company around him. When I started watching TNA, I saw guys like Abyss, A.J. Styles and Christopher Daniels, and I thought they were phenomenal. However, I felt Monty Brown was the guy who really stood out in TNA and was going to be the man to help TNA be a real threat to the WWE, but this was way before TNA signed Christian Cage. Now that Monty Brown is with the WWE, he might be determined to prove a point to TNA that he was worth more. Wouldn?t you want to prove to your former employers that you were worth more?
是的,很对,曼迪布朗已经和WWE签约。我感觉对于他来讲这是个丰厚的合约。曼迪布朗在TNA算巨型,但是我感觉他们很久之前就埋没了他;他们本应该围绕他开展剧情。当我看TNA的时候,我看到了Abyss, A.J. Styles 和Christopher Daniels这样的人,我认为他们很知名。然而,我认为曼迪布朗是真正代表TNA并且是一个可以帮助TNA对抗WWE的人,在TNA签了Christian Cage之前。既然现在曼迪布朗现在是WWE的人,他也许会证明TNA他会有更多的价值。你难道不想像你的前雇主证明你的价值比原来更多么?

Now over the last few weeks I have been hearing wrestling fans say Monty Brown will end up on Smackdown! as the replacement of recent Smackdown! reject Bobby Lashley. What makes the wrestling fans so sure that Monty Brown will end up on Smackdown!? He could end up on any one of the WWE?s main rosters or could just end up rotting in the WWE training camps, but I highly doubt the latter would be true for long.
最近这几周我已经听一些摔角迷说过曼迪布朗将加入Smackdown!并且抵抗前Smackdown!人员Bobby Lashley。是什么使摔角迷确定曼迪布朗将加入Smackdown!呢?它可以加入任何一个WWE品牌的花名册或者可以沉寂在WWE训练营,但是我很怀疑后者在不久的将来会变成现实。

The main concern I have with Monty Brown?s move to the WWE is the gimmick. The ?Alpha Male? gimmick is one of the best that TNA have created, and it?s the one which made Monty Brown what he is today. That?s right, The ?Alpha Male? gimmick = what Monty Brown is today. There, I said it. If the gimmick is copyrighted by TNA, it may lead to an unsuccessful career for Monty Brown in WWE, but that?s my opinion. I just feel if the WWE had the rights to the ?Alpha Male? gimmick, it would be a big help to Monty?s career in the WWE. I could be wrong. WWE could give Monty a better gimmick, but in my opinion, I feel that nothing will suit Monty Brown better than the ?Alpha Male??gimmick.
我认为曼迪布朗加入WWE主要的原因是他的角色。“第一男人”的角色是TNA创造出来的最成功的角色之一,也是现在使曼迪布朗成名的角色。是的,“第一男人”的角色等于曼迪布朗的现在。这样,我认为,如果这个角色的版权属于TNA,那么这将导致曼迪布朗在WWE的工作变得不成功,不过这只是我的看法。我只是觉得如果WWE有权利使用“第一男人”的角色,这将对曼迪布朗在WWE的工作很有帮助。我可能是错的。WWE能够给曼迪一个更好的角色,但是在我看来,我认为没有什么能比“第一男人”更适合曼迪布朗。

In conclusion, I feel TNA had wasted their chance with Monty Brown when they decided not to give him the NWA World Heavyweight belt especially since it was guaranteed in his contract. I had always thought that Monty Brown would have been more suited to WWE?s style of wrestling than TNA?s. Plus, he has the things that Vince McMahon looks for in a main ? eventer, and that?s a wrestler who can cut a promo, has decent ring skills and has the look of a champion. I?m sure Vince is a fan of the ?Alpha Male.? Monty Brown, who turns 37 in April, is still young in wrestling years and can have a great career in the WWE, but only if the WWE play their cards right. They need to create a gimmick that Monty Brown is suited to, something much like the ?Alpha Male? and they need to build him up slowly or he is just going to end up like Kurt Angle; a wreck.
总之,我认为当TNA决定不特殊的给曼迪布朗在他的合约中保证的NWA重量级世界冠军腰带的时候,TNA就浪费了机会。我总认为相比TNA曼迪布朗更适合WWE的摔跤风格。更进一步的讲。他是温斯*麦马汉寻找的那种适合主要剧情的人,这种人要求他有良好的商业价值,良好的口才和对冠军的进取心。我确信温斯是“第一男人”,四月份37岁,一个在摔跤运动中还很年轻的曼迪布朗的摔角迷,这将给予他一个很好的WWE工作,并且只有在WWE才能获得成功。他们将给曼迪布朗创造一个适合的类似“第一男人”的角色,他们需要慢慢的培养他否则他会像Kurt Angle一样跳槽。

So to all the WWE fans around the world, you may be about to see someone feel the POUUUUUUUUUUNCE - period. It?s funny, when Monty Brown in TNA, I thought he would never sign a contract with the WWE, but that?s the thing about the wrestling business: you can ?Never say never?.
所以对于世界上所有的WWE迷来讲,你也许将看到某个人的突袭期。很好笑,当曼迪布朗在TNA的时候,我想他绝对不会与WWE签约,但是这就是摔跤业:你永远不能说永远。
by Adam Dean (http://owwforums.com/modules.php ... topic&t=2729)..

翻译点评:这一一篇针对刚刚在上周show过得ECW新人的评论,感觉至少他的麦克风感觉比同类型的Bobby Lashley要强。不明白为什么WWE要引进和Bobby Lashley同类型的选手,也许WWE还不着急让Bobby Lashley马上上位,还要磨砺他。对于WWE来讲,他的新人培训系统远强于TNA,这就是为什么我喜欢WWE的原因之一。上次破碎花瓣雨似乎曾经建议我多了解一些摔角知识,我觉得我的摔跤知识的匮乏对翻译有很大的影响。但是此事乃非一日之功,我会好好加油,也希望大家对翻译不确切的地方指出并改正,我会继续努力。

期待皇家车轮大战,要是改成45人就好了……

jackjordan 发表于 2007-1-22 01:11

比较遗憾……才知道Pounce是一种摔角技
还有Serengeti貌似也不单单是地名……

收信人不明 发表于 2007-1-22 02:36

还是不错嘀~翻译的好`感谢楼主.对Monty Brown 也有了些了解

GreenC 发表于 2007-1-22 02:49

这个动作震动了摔角界...

这句翻的不是很好...
按照句子的意思应该是:

.........,以及那个震惊了摔跤界的举动:........

还有随着基督徒之笼继续他的NWA冠军之路......
人名就不用直接翻译了吧?Christian Cage=基督徒之笼?

jackjordan 发表于 2007-1-22 09:13

我的本意是连Monty Brown都不用翻译
同时也觉得给摔角运动员起中文名是一件很疯狂的事情

xxu 发表于 2007-1-22 09:30

我觉得最好连the Alpha Male都不要翻译!

lionseed 发表于 2007-1-22 09:45

现在WWE引进MONTY BROWN是件让人很费解的事情。他们引进了一个和BOBBY LASHLEY同一类型的选手,而且MONTY BROWN在综合实力上,要强于BOBBY。如今把MONTY BROWN调到ECW,明显是要他和BOBBY对抗。那么WWE准备把腰带给谁呢?是经过多年努力,一步一步的爬上冠军宝座的BOBBY?还是说这个像飓风般侵入WWE的前TNA巨星第一男人呢?有意思的是,和MONTY BROWN对TNA的关系类似,BOBBY LASHLEY也是WWE自己培养出来的一个相当成功的角色。如果给了MONTY BROWN,那么WWE很可能犯下同TNA一样的错误,令BOBBY心灰意冷而跳槽。

jackjordan 发表于 2007-1-22 11:24

但是Bobby太嫩是不争的事实啊……

XJerico 发表于 2007-1-22 14:31

原帖由 lionseed 于 2007-1-22 09:45 发表
现在WWE引进MONTY BROWN是件让人很费解的事情。他们引进了一个和BOBBY LASHLEY同一类型的选手,而且MONTY BROWN在综合实力上,要强于BOBBY。如今把MONTY BROWN调到ECW,明显是要他和BOBBY对抗。那么WWE准备把腰 ...

因为本来推出Bobby Lashley就是为了对付TNA的Monty Brown。

而谁也没有想到今天Monty Brown会来到WWE。WWE不会因为有了Bobby Lashley就不再签入Monty Brown。

我觉得Monty Brown去ECW的原因一是为了以防万一,因为Bobby现在做冠军并不成功,第二就是为了让Monty Brown在ECW推广他的新形象,消磨掉引起的TNA的喊声(就像上期一样),待上一阵子,积累人气,然后再转去Raw。

我要是Vince,我也不会允许突然让Monty Brown出现在Raw上面,然后在Raw的场地上响起TNA的口号。

你的文章中文有多少字呢?我要加分。

jackjordan 发表于 2007-1-22 14:39

总之,我觉得ECW的title总让Bobby拿是不能继续延续的了
暂时交给Test罢

maunaloa 发表于 2007-1-22 14:52

weatherspoon 发表于 2007-1-22 18:06

看好他哦

ItwasJJsmile 发表于 2007-1-25 16:28

原帖由 jackjordan 于 2007-1-22 14:39 发表
总之,我觉得ECW的title总让Bobby拿是不能继续延续的了
暂时交给Test罢