语实俱禁 发表于 2006-8-7 01:25

The Continental Classroom - Day 2 (Matt Striker远程培训班第二日)

这篇文章看起来很头大,全部翻译完后,我理解大概是Matt Striker弄的一个在澳大利亚和英格兰之间的一种远程视频节目,他自己在一边,观众(也就是学生)在一边。
文中的语气有时看起来会比较傲慢,因为这是以作者本人的口吻写的,heel嘛,大家理解一下就行了。
另外,考虑到之前三篇文章用括号太多的问题,改用注解的方法,文中的〔注1〕〔注2〕这类括号是我加的注解符号,详细注解在文末,其它的所有括号都是原文就有的

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/344364/striker_australia1.jpg

The Continental Classroom - Day 2
远程培训班第二日
作者Matt Striker,发表于WWE.com
August 4, 2006

(铃响)

安静,学生们,是我,Matt Striker…你们的老师,欢迎来到远程培训班的第二课,本课的题目是“邪恶的纽卡斯尔”。(注意,nefarious这个词的意思就是邪恶,我们在纽卡斯尔胡说八道。)

今天是相当好的一天,澳大利亚的天气凉爽得就和我最喜欢的九月份一样…回到学校,新的课题,书香和午餐…不要关注棒球决赛,我认为那会让你分心!

早上我作了个伟大的测验,我在自己的抵抗力训练上应用了已被证实的科学方法,嗯,结果很明显。在测验之后,一位fan走过来给了我一件白色的胸前写有“澳大利亚”字样的棉质热身服。显然,我需要提醒这些乡巴佬他们是从哪里来的。

我对WWE的fans是很友善的。即使我比一般人聪明(嗯,比一般人…好吧,我承认我比大多数人都聪明),我仍然记得我的祖国,我是谁,还有就是我始终是wwe的fan。WWE的fans要关注的太多了,比如SummerSlam和John Cena的电影处女作“The Marine”的上映,不用再关注Matt Striker了(大笑)

我作了一些“徒步旅行”,就像土著们那样。(不要糊涂地认为我在说方言。Walkabout这个术语是古英语的说法,在学术上来说,它制定了英语的规范。)
这些城市就像它们所表现出来的那样贫瘠。实际上,让我们现在在这儿作个测验吧。拿出一张白纸和一支铅笔来。

第一题:哪个国家对澳大利亚进行了殖民?
(此题来自“Jeopardy”的剧本)

答案:英国。如果你仔细观察澳大利亚的国旗,你会看到英国国旗的图案在其中相当明显。

第二题:哪位英国女王以“身材壮硕”而闻名?(提示:她和wwe中最有才华也是漂亮的divas之一同名。)

答案:维多利亚女王。我们停在了海德公园〔注1〕维多利亚女王的雕像前,留给我的困惑是女王超重的问题!

( 无论如何,就像英格兰可以为我作任何事情一样。英国首相布莱尔仅仅是我们这个时代最伟大领导人的一个傀儡(带着对已故的里根总统的敬意),那位最伟大的,最英明的,最努力工作的领导人就是小布什!)

第三题:加分题:你们的老师Matt Striker在高中时哪些课外活动比其它人优秀呢?

答案:在其它的成就上,我在纽约queens区的Bayside High School作过演员(不是那个搞笑的少儿节目“Saved By the Bell”〔注2〕中那个有象Lark Voorhies一样的妓女,以及象Mario Lopez和“Zack Morris”〔注3〕一样垃圾的学校),我还参加了数学组,辩论队,合唱团以及象棋班。

当我们穿过海德公园时,我很惊讶地发现有两个人在下象棋。当然了,他们的落子都是错的,我好好地给他们上了一课。

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/344364/striker_chess.jpg

我想让你们知道我在面对最著名的象棋大师卡斯帕罗夫时,我保持着最长时间不失子且不被将死的记录。(记住,我当时是一个穿着“刽子手”Bobby Jaggers〔注4〕背心的九岁小孩)如果我再和他下一盘,我将很轻易地击败他…如果我系着“德克萨斯黄玫瑰”Eric Embry〔注5〕的领带的话。

我们的旅程在继续,我们到达了集合地点(也就是比赛场地)。由于这里有如此丰富的皇家历史,我在整条大街上听到响亮的“ALL HAIL KING BOOKER”〔注6〕时毫不吃惊。由于他们承认了真正的王权和King Booker的伟大,我表扬了这里的人们。

澳大利亚的建筑结构真是令人畏惧。世界著名的悉尼歌剧院就是这种设计――对于歌剧院来说是如此的适合。你不会看到或听到“Limp Biscuits”〔注7〕或者“50 cents”〔注8〕玷污这个神圣的地方。

司机告诉我们纽卡斯尔的女人如何的漂亮。当我环顾四周时,发现与我女友一样魅力四射的只有夕阳。

当我看着澳大利亚的夕阳,我感恩。今天的课程就是礼物――这就是“present”这个词的真正意义〔注9〕――祝福你们真正拥有象我一样能使你们的生活更加丰富的人。

不用谢我;我作的这些不足挂齿。最后,我再重复一次,我是Matt Striker,我是你们的老师!!!

注1:海德公园是英国著名的政治性集会场所
注2:即“千钧一发”,90年代的美国电影,有好几部
注3:这三个人都是“千钧一发”的演员
注4:一位摔角选手
注5:也是一位摔角选手
注6:就是wwe节目里regal和booker他老婆总喊的那句,意为“向 King Booker致敬”
注7:即软饼干乐队,著名摇滚乐队,译者个人相当喜欢
注8:即五角,著名的黑人嘻哈歌手
注9:present在英语中有“现在”和“礼物”的双重意思

全文完,图片均来自WWE.com

个人评论:实际上我对这个角色相当的讨厌,呵呵,这可能也正是他作heel的成功之处。之前记得见过某位仁兄贴过此人的一些东西,好像还真是从学校转到摔角上来的,嗯,所有的选手都有其伟大之处,呵呵。
无论如何,更深入了解他一下也好

[ 本帖最后由 语实俱禁 于 2006-8-7 01:32 编辑 ]

语实俱禁 发表于 2006-8-7 01:27

原文地址:
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/continentalclassroom2
英文全文:
The Continental Classroom - Day 2
By Matt Striker
August 4, 2006

(Bell rings.)

Settle down students. It is I, Matt Striker ... your teacher. Welcome to another edition of the “Continental Classroom.” This installment is titled “Nefarious in Newcastle.” (See, nefarious means wicked, and we are in Newcastle and blah, blah, blah.)

Today was quite a day here in Australia. The weather is similar to a crisp September day, a time I love ... the return to school, new assignments, the smell of textbooks and brown bag lunches ... not to mention playoff baseball, which in my opinion serves as a distraction to young minds!!

I had a great workout this morning, as I applied proven scientific methods to my resistance training, and well, the results are obvious. After my workout, a fan approached me and presented me with a white, cotton warm-up suit with “AUSTRALIA” written across the front. Apparently, the locals here need to be reminded of where they are from.

I always have time for WWE fans. Even though I am smarter than the average person (well, above average… OK, I am smarter than most people), I still remember where I came from, and I, too, was, is and always will be a fan of sports-entertainment. With SummerSlam and John Cena’s major motion picture debut in “The Marine” coming up, there is plenty for WWE fans to look forward to, not to mention more and more of Matt Striker. (BIG SMILE)

I did some “walkabout,” as the natives put it. (Now, do not confuse yourselves by thinking I have given in to slang. The term walkabout is an old English saying and technically constitutes proper English.)

The towns here have so much to offer. Actually, let’s have a quiz right here, right now. Grab a pencil and blank sheet of paper.

Question 1: Which country colonized Australia?
(Theme from “Jeopardy” plays.)

Answer: Great Britain. If you look closely at the Australian flag, you will see the British “Union Jack” boldly represented.

Question 2: Which English Queen was known for her “portly stature”? (Hint: She shares a name with one of WWE’s most talented and beautiful divas.)

Answer: Queen Victoria. We stopped by a statue of Queen Victoria in Hyde Park, and leave it to me to point out the Queen’s obvious weight problem!
(As if England can do anything to me, anyway. Tony Blair, the English Prime Minister, is a mere puppet to the greatest leader of our time (with respect to the late Ronald Reagan), the great, insightful and diligent President George W. Bush!

Question 3: BONUS QUESTION: What extracurricular activities did your teacher, Matt Striker, excel at in high school?

Answer: Among other achievements, I rose to stardom at Bayside High School in Queens, N.Y. (Not the school from the insidious teen television program, “Saved By the Bell,” which gave us harlots like Lark Voorhies, and derelicts such as Mario Lopez and “Zack Morris.”) I participated in Mathletes, debate team, glee club and chess squad.

As we walked through Hyde Park, I was surprised to see two men playing chess. Of course, the move selection was all wrong, and I made it a point to “teach” them.

I’ll have you know that I hold the record for going the longest amount of time without losing a piece or being checkmated by world famous chess master Garry Kasparov. (Keep in mind, I was a 9-year-old wearing a “Hangman” Bobby Jaggers T-shirt at the time.) Should I ever play him again, I would easily defeat him ... while wearing a “Yellow Rose of Texas” Eric Embry necktie.

Our day continued as we arrived at the venue (which means arena). With such a rich royal history here, I was not surprised to hear an “ALL HAIL KING BOOKER” chant ringing throughout the streets. I commend the people here for recognizing true royalty and the true greatness that is King Booker.

The Australian architecture is truly awe-inspiring. The world famous Sydney Opera House is legendary for its design -- such a fitting structure for a true music like opera. You will not see or hear the “Limp Biscuits” or the “50 cents” disgracing such a hallowed place.

Our driver continued to tell us about how beautiful the women in Newcastle are. As I looked around, the only thing as beautiful as my lovely ladyfriend at home was the sunset.

As I watched the setting sun in Australia, I gave thanks. Today is a gift -- that is why it is called the “present” -- and you are truly blessed to have someone such as me to enrich your lives.

Do not thank me; it’s simply what I do. After all, I am Matt Striker and I am YOUR TEACHER!!!!

破碎花瓣雨 发表于 2006-8-7 01:29

感谢翻译~~

6650655 发表于 2006-8-7 02:19

哈哈~翻译辛苦了`支持!

undertaker112 发表于 2006-8-7 09:11

谢谢楼主的翻译了.

yiyiloveyiyi 发表于 2006-8-7 09:43

感谢翻译~。。。翻译的很好再多点图会更好

语实俱禁 发表于 2006-8-7 10:37

原帖由 yiyiloveyiyi 于 2006-8-7 09:43 发表
感谢翻译~。。。翻译的很好再多点图会更好
官网一共就配了两张图啊。。。。再加上这家伙不是一线选手,原本就没什么图的

低调De呆呆 发表于 2006-8-7 10:44

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/mattstriker/photos/

这里有些图片可以搭配用上的!

xxu 发表于 2006-8-7 11:56

可惜了他,老师真难当

zlkh 发表于 2006-8-7 12:25

老师就是老师,厉害啊

stevenpong 发表于 2006-8-7 12:49

呵呵,谢谢

rockwei 发表于 2006-8-7 13:19

谢谢翻译!

绝地重生 发表于 2006-8-7 20:06

谢谢翻译

hdkeybob 发表于 2006-8-10 00:40

水中落叶 发表于 2006-8-10 22:48

这个家伙的场外剧情还真是丰富
页: [1] 2
查看完整版本: The Continental Classroom - Day 2 (Matt Striker远程培训班第二日)