xiazun 发表于 2006-8-5 15:52

8/3/06最Extreme选手

作者:Joey Styles

这周的MEP是我们最新加入的ECW极限成员,CM Punk。这位不沾毒品,远离烟酒生活方式的追随者,对于ECW和WWE的粉丝们来说还是个新人,不过我却已经幸运的跟踪他的摔跤生涯有五年之久。有十年了,CM Punk一直在日本,欧洲磨练自己的摔跤技术,另外偶尔也在宾西法尼亚,田纳西等地的一些地区性小摔跤联盟里露过脸。这个小伙子在将来的几年应该会成为一个money player(顶梁柱??) ,正如同他在社交圈里面那样,在擂台上他也会成为一个一鸣惊人的人物的。CM Punk十分适合新ECW,也会非常适合老ECW。这周仅次于MEP的荣誉,是曼哈顿中心纽约罕默斯坦大厅里的ECW的粉丝们,如果我有权力(可惜没有),我要让ECW每周都在罕默斯坦直播,就像wwe的RAW每个星期一都在老地方那样。在曼哈顿中心工作能带给我能量和快乐,这是在其他任何地方都不会有的。哪怕是费城,哪怕是WrestleMania。从很多角度来说曼哈顿就是宇宙的中心,我感受到了它的力量。Sinatra唱的最妙了:if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere, New York, New York.
罕默斯坦大厅里挤满了很多老ECW的粉丝们,他们对Big Show vs.Batista的重头赛事之不满溢于言表。和流行的观念相反,老ECW粉丝们可不会像一般观众那样反应,因为没有什么事也没有什么人能使他们满意。Kurt Angle和CM PUNK分别在入场时得到了热烈欢迎,一场William Regal vs. Finlay的重头赛也会得到这样的效果的。
过去的老ECW大约有如下三种摔跤风格:

-硬核风格,标志是流血,带刺铁丝,选手有Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, Sandman, Sabu等人。

-高飞风格,标志人物有Rob Van Dam, Rey Mysterio, Kid Kash, Super Crazy等

-古典式,力量型风格,标志人物Tazz, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, 过世的Eddie Guerrero等人。

原始的ECW里,永远不会出现摔跤界块头最大,最猛地运动员在竞技场里互斗蛮力的景象;我们清楚WWE对这种风格最拿手,但我们可不希望ecw也成了这样。这倒不是说哪种风格就比哪种风格好,或者哪种风格不如另外一种风格。ECW一直以来就和wwe不一样,WWE向左拐,ECW就向右走,我想一些老ECW粉丝们更希望在ECW,RAW,和SD里面出现更多的不一样的“右”拐。对这些粉丝们我要说请耐心些;新ECW正在成长的道路上,有道是罗马一天是建不成的,这个道理同样也适用于建立好一个环球的娱乐品牌。让我们花时间塑造新ECW吧。

[ 本帖最后由 xiazun 于 2006-8-5 15:56 编辑 ]

xiazun 发表于 2006-8-5 15:53

Most Extreme Player for 8/3/06
By Joey Styles
August 3, 2006

This week's MEP is our newest ECW Extremist, CM Punk. While this follower of the drug and alcohol free straight-edge lifestyle may be new to ECW and WWE fans, I’ve been fortunate enough to follow his career for the past five years. For ten years total, CM Punk has been honing his craft in Japan and Europe as well as stealing the show in small regional wrestling promotions based in Pennsylvania and Tennessee. This young man should be a money player for years to come, being as much of an overachiever in the ring as he is in his social life. CM Punk is a perfect fit for the new ECW and would have been a perfect fit for the original ECW as well.

And that is the segue for this week's MEP runner-up: the ECW fans at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom in the Manhattan Center. If I had any authority (and I don't by the way), ECW would be live from the Hammerstein every week the same way WWE Monday Night RAW was at its inception. There is an energy and happiness I derive from working in midtown Manhattan that I simply cannot get from working anywhere else...not Philadelphia and not even WrestleMania. Manhattan is, in many ways, the center of the universe, and I feel that power. Sinatra sang it best; if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere, New York, New York.

The Hammerstein Ballroom was full of many original ECW fans, and they were very vocal about their displeasure with the Big Show vs. Batista main event. Contrary to popular belief, original ECW fans do not behave that way because nobody and nothing can please them. CM Punk and Kurt Angle received standing ovations upon their respective ring entrances, and a William Regal vs. Finlay main event would have as well.

The original ECW was about three styles of wrestling:

-Hardcore, featuring blood and barbed wire matches with the likes of Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, Sandman, Sabu and others.

-High Flying Lucha style, featuring the likes of Rob Van Dam, Rey Mysterio, Kid Kash, Super Crazy and others.

-Classic and Impactful Japanese styles, featuring the likes of Tazz, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, the late Eddie Guerrero and others.

The original ECW was never about the biggest and most powerful men in wrestling (like Big Show and Batista) muscling each other all over the arena; we knew that WWE did that style best and we wanted ECW to be different. That is not to say that any style is better or worse than the others. ECW was always about being different that WWE. When WWE zigged, ECW zagged. I think some original ECW fans are looking for more zagging than zigging in regards to ECW, RAW and SmackDown. To those fans I say please be patient; the new ECW is a work in progress. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a global entertainment brand. Let us take our time shaping the new ECW and perhaps this time around, the ECW brand may live forever.

Joey Styles

语实俱禁 发表于 2006-8-5 16:00

支持翻译,呵呵
翻译真tmd累人啊,眼花

Uame 发表于 2006-8-5 16:00

抢个好位置看楼主翻译的文章~

低调De呆呆 发表于 2006-8-5 16:01

CM Punk 未来ECW的支柱!!
谢谢LZ辛苦翻译!

138538 发表于 2006-8-5 16:07

谢谢楼主翻译

mdmdmdmd 发表于 2006-8-5 16:27