语实俱禁 发表于 2006-7-31 02:36

Strength beyond measure〔天赋神力,Mark Henry的职业生涯〕〔编辑3次〕

近期看到了不少关于这个家伙的文章,刚才有空上wwe的官网,正好看到第一条新闻就是关于他的,于是闲着无聊翻译出来,由于是第一次翻译东西,难免有不足之处,还请各位高手帮忙指正。
感谢一些朋友在回帖中提出的意见
下面开始

天赋神力(暂且先这么翻译)

原文作者Craig Tello,发表于wwe.com

July 27, 2006

距离SNME中SmackDown明星 Mark Henry最重要的比赛――对抗Batista――已经过去一周了,这个世界上最强壮的男人经历着世界上最强烈的失望。

在六月十五号,Mark Henry来到了他的家乡德克萨斯州,准备与他最强对手Batista的比赛,这次比赛是在六个月前Henry把Batista弄伤的时候就已经注定了的(这个不准,原文是for the first time since Henry took him out six months ago.)。在全国电视观众的面前,现场观众看到henry在SmackDown的 six-man tag match中伤到了膝盖,并将他的厚重的护膝撕成两片。由于此次受伤,henry无法在The Great American Bash上与Batista进行伟大的对决。

Mark Henry对于伤病和与之相伴的失望并不陌生。在过去的十年中,henry几乎达到了他职业生涯的顶峰。然而,每一次他都被伤病所阻碍,可以说,伤病阻碍了他职业生涯的高度。在过去的十年中,他克服了许多足以威胁职业生涯的伤病,SmackDown的明星Mark Henry证明了他的精神与身体一样坚强。

“〔现在〕我感到有些失望,但其中更多的是挫折,因为这次我告诉自己,我不能把握这么多机会了;我不能再拿自己的身体冒险了。但,那才是真正需要作的,”henry说,“这才是野兽的天性。”

在他的摔角生涯开始之前,henry参加了1996年的亚特兰大奥运会-同年ecw的Kurt Angle得到了金牌。在那届奥运会中henry被选为队长(此处感谢seapumas兄的提醒),但他背部受伤,最终在举重比赛中取得所在级别的第14名。

那届奥运会后不久,henry在wwe中初次登场,并在1999年得到了WWE European Champion。他在2000年回归,并在2003年八月的raw中与Booker T (现在的King Booker), Goldberg 和Shawn Michaels共同演绎了精彩的对抗。

对于henry来说,很不幸的是在回归五个月后,他在与Chris Benoit的比赛中由于“金刚狼”的Crippler Crossface而受了肩伤。由于需要作手术,henry再次从他的wwe生涯顶峰下滑。在这种逆境中,大多数人都会放任失望和悲伤占据他们的心灵。他们称之为“放弃”。然而,就象Mark Henry一年多之后证明的那样,他依旧很顽强。

Henry在与wwe.com的谈话中说到,他这次的伤病与那些他已经经历过的没有什么不同, 这其中也包括他在2004年的那次相同的伤。

“我经历过伤病,但是每次我受伤之后,我的回归都比我离开的时候更棒,”他说。

去年年底,这个世界上最强壮的男人确实比以前更加强势的回归了。2005年十二月,henry再次出现在SmackDown,并攻击了Batista。这次冲击导致了双方的敌对并对双方的身体健康造成了极大影响,在2006年一月的比赛中Batista在henry有力的双手下受伤了。

Mark Henry以一次恶劣的暴行干掉了Batista,并导致The Animal失去了World Heavyweight Championship。在SNME上受伤之前,henry趁着Batista受伤,窥视着wwe的冠军宝座,并且在前世界冠军Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle和 Undertaker身上取得了一系列令人印象深刻的胜利。看起来Mark Henry就要得到wwe的终极荣誉the World Heavyweight Championship了。

据这个世界上最强壮的男人说,4月28号,当他在英国伦敦袭击Kurt Angle,并将其压穿桌子(这个实在不知道怎么说了,原文的字面意思是将angle压过一张桌子,我直接按当时的场面说了,还没找好词)的时候,他伤到了自己的膝盖。虽然mark在继续比赛,但那次袭击导致的膝盖问题在三个月后SNME时达到了顶峰,并泄光了mark积蓄的动力。

“我是一名战士,兄弟”henry说,“就象我也不想受伤那样,我也无法作不能把握机会的一个旁观者,把握机会才是我应该作的,”他补充道。“那也就是我这么热爱〔wwe的原因〕。”

六月18号,在阿拉巴马州的伯明翰,henry的膝盖手术很成功,他说由于没有什么术后并发症,他将在六到八个月后再次回归比赛。由于有充足的恢复条件,henry对自己迅速康复并利用此时间提高自身能力很有信心。

“当我回归的时候…..我想更苗条一点,速度更快一点,我不想再有任何弱点;我想从这次膝伤中回归并可以统治wwe,”他很坚决地补充了一句。“我会回来的。”

全文完

[ 本帖最后由 语实俱禁 于 2006-8-1 14:21 编辑 ]

语实俱禁 发表于 2006-7-31 02:39

原文地址如下:
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/henryinjuryplague
英文全文如下:
Strength beyond measure
By Craig Tello
July 27, 2006

Heading into Saturday Night’s Main Event, SmackDown Superstar Mark Henry was one week away from the biggest match of his career against Batista until the World’s Strongest Man experienced the world’s strongest disappointment.

On July 15, Mark Henry came to his home state of Texas prepared for the opportunity to collide with his greatest rival, Batista, for the first time since Henry took him out six months ago. In front of a national television audience, viewers saw Henry tear his patella and split his massive kneecap in two during SmackDown’s six-man tag match. As a result of the injury, Henry was removed from his would-be epic confrontation with Batista at The Great American Bash.(Mark Henry surgery video)

Mark Henry is no stranger to injury and the disappointment that accompanies it. Within the last decade, Henry has come within inches of reaching the summit of the mountain. Each time, however, he has been plagued by injuries that have hindered the fulfillment of his career pinnacle. Overcoming several career-threatening injuries within the last 10 years, SmackDown Superstar Mark Henry has proved that his strength is not just physical.

“ I feel some disappointment, but a lot of it is frustration because I told myself this time around that I wasn’t going to take so many chances; I wasn’t going to risk my body as much. But that’s what the business needed,” Henry said. “It’s just the nature of the beast.”

Before the birth of his sports-entertainment career, Henry competed in the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta – the same year ECW’s Kurt Angle earned his gold medal. Voted team captain in those 1996 Games, Henry suffered a back injury and finished 14th in weightlifting for his division.

Shortly after the 1996 Olympic Games, Henry debuted in WWE and would enjoy success as WWE European Champion in 1999. In 2000, Henry took time off from WWE television and spent a few years in developmental training. He made a full-fledged return and had substantial impact on RAW in August 2003, mixing it up with Booker T (now King Booker), Goldberg and Shawn Michaels.

Unfortunately for Henry, just five months after returning, he wrestled Chris Benoit and suffered a shoulder injury while in the Rabid Wolverine’s Crippler Crossface. Requiring surgery, Henry was again taken out of the picture at what some believed to be the peak of his WWE career. In light of such adversity, most men would allow such discouragement and sorrow to usurp their spirit. They would call it quits. Still, as he proved more than one year later, Mark Henry would persevere.

Henry told WWE.com that his recent injury is not very different from those he’s experienced before, including the injury he sustained in 2004.

“I suffered injuries, but any time I suffered an injury, I came back better than I was when I left,” he said.

Late last year, the World’s Strongest Man did indeed return stronger than ever before. Henry reappeared on SmackDown in December 2005 with a ravaging attack on Batista. This onslaught spurred a rivalry that would have tremendous impact on the physical wellness of both men, with Batista suffering a torn tricep in January 2006 at Henry’s mighty hands.

On a vicious rampage, Mark Henry took out Batista, resulting in The Animal’s forfeiture of the World Heavyweight Championship. Before his injury at SNME, Henry capitalized on Batista’s absence and sought the richest prize in sports-entertainment. And, with a slew of impressive victories over former World Champion Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, and Undertaker, it seemed that Mark Henry was on the path to achieving the ultimate success in WWE: the World Heavyweight Championship.

According to the World’s Strongest Man, when he assaulted and smashed Kurt Angle through a table on April 28 in London, England, he broke his own kneecap. Though Mark continued to compete, that attack initiated the knee problem that would culminate in his severe injury three months later at SNME and cease the momentum Mark amassed.

“I’m a soldier, man,” Henry said. “As much as I want to not get hurt, I’m not going to be the big guy that walks around and doesn’t take chances, that’s what I do,” he added. “That’s how much I love .”

Following successful knee surgery on July 18 in Birmingham, Ala., Henry said that he will be ready to return to the ring in six to eight months, pending any complications. With ample conditioning, Henry is hopeful that his recovery will be quick and will provide him some time to enhance his abilities.

“When I come back…I want to be leaner, I want to be faster, I want to have no weakness; I want to be able to come back from this knee injury and be able to dominate WWE,” he added adamantly. “I will return.”

6650655 发表于 2006-7-31 03:31

谢谢啦~虽然MARK是个大反派`但也并非特别惹人讨厌!

lenovo 发表于 2006-7-31 07:09

jimmyjinpan25 发表于 2006-7-31 07:20

谢谢楼主翻译文章

yangjia1980cq 发表于 2006-7-31 08:14

标题的意思:超越一起的力量
其实可以翻译成:比你想象的更强大

jinwei 发表于 2006-7-31 08:45

还是希望他早日回归 sd需要他 8d也需要他

低调De呆呆 发表于 2006-7-31 09:10

谢谢翻译!